Volibear Rig


It had been two years since Media Production for Games and my initial taste of Maya.

This module taught the techniques used to create a rig much like the ‘Jimmy’ rig we had animated for that years submission.

For this submission I decided to have a go at rigging Volibear – looking at the opportunities involved in getting the skinning right with all the armour he’s wearing.

Unfortunately I spent rather too long getting the skeleton and IK’s behaving correctly, leaving the skinning too late. This resulted in some pretty substantial mesh tearing – particularly with the upper neck armour plates.

However the skills gained here would later prove valuable for the group project – Titan1um.